Excelsior Springs Police Department Community Outreach Unit provides the following programming:
- Shop with a Cop: Officers take underprivileged children Christmas shopping for themselves and their families.
- Coffee with a Cop: Brings police officers and community members together to discuss issues and learn more about each other.
- Citizen’s Police Academy: An educational program designed to open lines of communication between the community and police department by allowing citizens a firsthand look at the police department and how its operations are handled. In this program, citizens will take away a better understanding of the police role in the community while officers are able to learn and better understand the concerns of community members.
- Junior Police Academy: Provides an opportunity for students and law enforcement officers to work together in a fun, creative, and interactive way during the summer. The program will be designed in a way to introduce young people to law enforcement in the hope that they will consider a career in public safety, or to have an appreciation and respect for the role that police play in our communities.
- National Night Out: Enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement. Parents and children will have an opportunity to see squad cars, various emergency response vehicles, learn about a wide variety of topics and partake in numerous interactive family friendly activities.
- Various positive community engagement activities directed at kids: For example, Pop-up events/block parties (food, entertainment, giveaways, educational information, etc.).
- Assist underprivileged community members with various needs.
We partner with the Community Foundation of Excelsior Springs to provide Outreach Programs. If you would like to make a donation to one of the above programs, click here.