Welcome to the Excelsior Springs Police Department’s registration page for WatchES. The ESPD takes a proactive and innovative approach to deterring and investigating crime. If you want to help ESPD in this proactive approach, you could play a major part in the identification of suspects and evidence of crimes.
If you or your business owns a surveillance camera you can be part of the solution to crime in our city.
Similar programs have been implemented by other agencies across the nation with great success. The registration process is simple, and available to any home or business located in Excelsior Springs, Missouri.
Here’s How It Works
Video Surveillance is a great crime deterrent and offers investigative leads in the event a crime does occur. Many homes and businesses have surveillance cameras installed. Often times the surveillance system might catch something useful when ESPD is investigating crimes. However, it may go unnoticed if the owner is unaware of the crime.
Once registered with WatchES, camera locations will be mapped for detectives and officers to easily see. In the event of a crime nearby they can then contact registrants to see if any possible evidence was captured. Someone from ESPD will then arrange to obtain the footage at a time that is convenient for you. ESPD would never have access to footage without your knowledge. Participation is 100% voluntary and you can opt out at any time.
If you would like to participate in the program and partner with ESPD to help solve more crimes click to fill out the online form. All information provided will be for official use only and will remain confidential and not be disseminated to anyone outside of the ESPD.
If you have any problem with the registration form or have any questions that are not answered on this site, feel free to contact us.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal Investigation.
- All information provided to the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department pursuant to the WatchES program is reserved for official law enforcement use by the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press except:
- as required by law or Court Order or
- to the minimal extent necessary, if at all, to further the investigation which may include sharing portions thereof with
- other law enforcement agencies or
- solely for the purpose of assisting with the identification and/or apprehension of a criminal suspect, to the media and/or the community, through the use of still photographs for the purpose of creating community advisories, fliers or billboards.
- When necessary for a criminal investigation the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department the WatchES program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
- Registration in the WatchES program does not confer any greater rights than any other member of the public concerning any response to a criminal complaint or criminal activity by the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department and the registrant should in no way regard this WatchES program as a monitoring or security device.
- Checking the designated box at the top of the form indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.