CITY OF EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MISSOURI REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICES
The City of Excelsior Springs, Missouri (“City”) is requesting qualifications for professional environmental consulting services to assist the City in management of the State Environmental Improvement and Energy Resources Authority (EIERA) Grant Project. This would include bid documents and the development of required project components that will result in the ability to obtain a No Further Action letter for 108 Dunbar Avenue. The project is an Asbestos (ACM) and Lead-based Paint (LBP) removal project at the National Registry site at 108 Dunbar Avenue. The property is the now-vacant and boarded up Wyman School. The school has been vacant since the mid-1990s. Consulting work will be required contingent upon the scope and extent of grant as outlined in the Sub-Grant Agreement (Exhibit A). The following is a generic list of consulting services provided for general information. All projects will be related to the requirements of City Code or facility capital projects.
- Bid documents for ACM and LBP removal;
- Remedial Action Plan;
- Remedial Action Budget;
- Remedial Action Plan Work
- Permits, licenses, certifications and inspections from federal and state agencies;
- All materials necessary for the establishment of the administrative record with respect to the cleanup;
For the project, the scope of technical services necessary will be negotiated with the Firm and may include site reviews, preliminary planning, project design, estimating, specifications, contract administration, construction management, environmental, etc., as requested by the Owner and/or as required by the EIERA grant.
General Conditions for Open-End Projects:
- The Scope of Services to be performed by the Firm under the open-end portion of this agreement shall include various consulting services which shall be performed and billed on an as-needed time charge basis as detailed hereinafter.
- Firms shall submit their fee schedules when replying to this RFP. Contingent upon award of an agreement, these will be incorporated into the final agreement.
- Owner agrees to reimburse Firm for professional services in accordance with the Firm’s approved fee schedule applied in conjunction with the scope of services and/or a task network for the particular project. At the beginning of the project, the Firm shall submit a fee proposal to the Owner for review and/or approval. For payment purposes, the Firm shall submit a detailed invoice of the hour fees, unit costs, and/or other charges for each project on a monthly basis.
- Other contract conditions shall be as contained in the final Agreement.
One copy of the statement of qualifications should be submitted plus one in electronic format. Materials submitted should respond to the following factors:
A. Demonstrated experience of work as described above as a complete service overall or individual specialty of expertise to a specific need.
- Experience in LBP and ACM abatement oversight required under the proposed scope of work
- Experience in working with MDNR programs, specifically the EIERA Grant
B. Qualifications of the key personnel to be assigned to the project, including:
- The education and experience of the members of the project team
- The experience of personnel assigned to perform the services
- Certification and other professional registration requirements
- Experience in LBP and ACM abatement oversight
C. Qualifications of the sub-consultant services
D. Previous experience of the firm with Missouri municipalities
E. References for other similar design work
The City encourages submission of qualifications from minority and women owned firms. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, ancestry, or national origin in consideration of this award. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City will utilize a qualifications-based selection process in accordance with its procurement policy and applicable law to select the most highly qualified firm or a combination of firms for individual engineering needs, following which the City and the selected firm or firms shall enter into negotiations regarding the compensation to be paid to the selected firm for the scope of services required by this RFQ. Assuming those negotiations are successful, the selected firm will be required enter into an agreement with the City using the City’s standard form of Agreement for Consulting Services (the “Contract”) and is attached for reference.
Terms and Conditions
1. City reserves the right to reject any and all submissions. City also reserves the unqualified right to modify, suspend, or terminate at its sole discretion any and all aspects of this RFQ process, to obtain further information from any and all respondents, and to waive any defects as to form or content of the RFQ or any submissions by any firm.
2. This RFQ does not commit the City to award a contract, to defray any costs incurred in the preparation of a response to this request, or to procure or contract for services. All submissions become the property of the City as public records. All submissions may be subject to public review, on request, after the submission deadline.
3. By accepting this RFQ and/or submitting qualifications in response thereto, each respondent agrees for itself, its successors and assigns, to hold the City and all of its various agents, commissioners, directors, consultants, attorneys, officers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims and demands of whatever nature or type, which any such proponent, its representatives, agents, contractors, successors or assigns may have against any of them as a result of issuing this RFQ, revising this RFQ, conducting the selection process and subsequent negotiations, making a final recommendation, selecting a proponent or negotiating or executing an agreement incorporating the commitments of the selected proponent.
Summary of Submission Requirements
Interested firms should submit (1) written copy plus one electronic file of their Statement of Qualifications to the City of Excelsior Springs, Hall of Waters, 201 E. Broadway, Excelsior Springs, Missouri 64024 Attn: Melinda Mehaffy by 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 6, 2022. For further information, please call Melinda at (816) 630-0756 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR CITY OF EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MO, COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
The City of Excelsior Springs, Missouri, seeks a multi-disciplinary consultant team to lead a community planning process and develop a forward-thinking and impactful Comprehensive Plan. The selected consultant team will spearhead a community-driven planning initiative to create a groundbreaking and practical plan, sparking enthusiasm among residents, businesses, and visitors. This plan will serve as a pivotal guide for land use decision-making and act as a dynamic vision-setting document, outlining priorities for city development and infrastructure. It will propose longterm implementation strategies and offer day-to-day practical guidance. The development process will involve inventive outreach methods during the public input stage to engage a diverse group of stakeholders in shaping the future of Excelsior Springs.
Proposal submission deadline is February 21, 2024.
Award recommendation to City Council by March 4, 2024.
Questions should be directed to Melinda Mehaffy at email@example.com or 816-630-0756.