FY 2023 Project Grant Application
The Community Grant program was designed to support community-based projects for new and developing organizations as well as established organizations that work on a project basis, and support organizations undertaking a special, one-time initiative. The proposed projects must assist the City accomplish strategic goals listed below.
Downtown Development – maintain role as the city’s image center and core of civic life. Economic any physical development initiatives will combine to conserve and enhance this unique district.
Economic Development – promote and encourage economic development activities that capitalize on community assets, support the needs of present and future residents, and strive to ensure a stable and diverse economic base.
Growth and Land Use – grow as a unified community through attractive and sustainable land development.
Housing and neighborhood revitalization – preserve housing stock and offer a variety of safe, affordable housing alternatives in attractive neighborhoods.
Human services – convene providers of human services to improve critical services and help residents in need, and move clients toward self-sufficiency and economic independence.
Recreation and Community Wellness – become healthier city by providing attractive recreation resources to residents and visitors, and providing infrastructure that encourages physical activity.
Tourism – improve balance of trade by establishing a regional destination, capitalizing on the historical and commercial assets of the city.
City Staff are available to review your application prior to the deadline. Answer all questions on the form concisely and include all of the requested supporting materials – use the provided checklist to ensure that your application is complete. All recipients of the City of Excelsior Springs Project Grant will be required to submit a Post Project/Event Form within 30 days of the completed project. All applicants must submit their application by the deadline and all applicants will be notified of awards prior to the grant fiscal year beginning on October 1st of the corresponding year. Please direct all questions regarding the Project Grants to Susan Conyers, 816-630-0752 or email@example.com. Submit completed applications to:
City of Excelsior Springs, Attn: Molly McGovern, 201 E. Broadway, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
Disclaimer: Successful grant applications will be made public. Please note to further our goal of open and transparent government, the City of Excelsior Springs will publish all successful grant applications on our public website. To protect the confidentiality of your organization and volunteers, the applicant information, the declaration and supporting documentation for each grant will not be included on the website.
Project Grant Program Guidelines
Objective of the Project Grant Program
To encourage projects that contribute to community life of the City of Excelsior Springs
Who May Apply
Excelsior Springs based non-profit organizations
Eligible Community Projects must …
• Meet current conditions and criteria
• Request partial funding with balance coming from partnerships and fundraising activities undertaken by the applicant
• Show specific benefit to the City and its residents
• Be completed within the current city fiscal year
• Support strong social and community values and not be offensive to others
Types of Eligible Projects
• New or special programs, events and initiatives
• Community workshops or seminars
• Seed money for new initiatives
• Specialized equipment
Types of Projects NOT Eligible
• Ongoing operating expenses for organizations
• Direct grants to individual residents
• For-profit organizations
• Projects based in other municipalitiess
Payment of Grants/Evaluation
• Funding will be forwarded upon completion of project and receipt of acceptable verification of payment and expenses, along with a brief report/evaluation – please use the Post Project/Event Form.
• Grants are paid upon receipt of validation that expenditures have been made relating to the approved project (e.g. receipts, registration confirmation, cancelled checks).
• Receipts can be submitted for reimbursement at any time during the current fiscal year (October 1 – September 30).
• The final deadline for submission of receipts and evaluations is within 30 days following completion or September 30 of the award year. Receipts submitted after September 30th or past 30 days following project completion will not be reimbursed.
The Project Grant Program is designed to encourage projects which contribute to community life of Excelsior Springs.